Add some variety in your describing 2D shapes activities. Here is a free printable booklet to describe the attributes of 2D shapes for kindergarten.
I made this little booklet to use with my guided math groups. It is a trace and complete little mini book that can also be done whole group. I’ve taken a week and focused on one shape each day, completing the matching page.
It has a basic format: The first page asks a question based on a shape’s attributes. The second page answers it.
Students trace the numbers and even the vertices (represented by dots) and sides (represented by lines).
Teaching to use dots and lines give students who can’t write words a way to show their thinking in their math journals when they are “describing” 2D shapes.
It helps meet Common Core Standards:
- K.G.4.a Describe two-dimensional shapes to identify their various attributes, including vertices, sides, corners, and length of sides.
- K.G.5.a Draw shapes to represent objects in the world.
Get the Describing 2D Shapes Booklet for free below. I’ll send it to you right away!
More Kindergarten Math
- Activities and Videos to Teach 2D Shapes
- 10 Activities for Describing 3D Shapes in Kindergarten (K.G.3)
- 8 Tools to Teach Sorting in Kindergarten
- Math Journals – meet the Common Core
Get the Describing 2D Shapes Booklet
Free printable booklet describing 2D shapes. It describes corners (vertices) and sides for a circle, square, triangle, rectangle and hexagon.