In kindergarten, we celebrate the end of the school year by counting down the days together using the alphabet.
Here is a fun classroom photo idea to show off the bright future of your students at the end of the year. Plus, there is a free photo overlay you can use to make your own.
We give each of the last 26 days of school a letter of the alphabet… and I try to get creative and think of something to do each day to match the letter.
It’s a nice and fun way to wind down the year without taking too much instructional time.
For “s” day, students were allowed to wear sunglasses all day.
I took a group photo of everyone who participated by bringing in a pair.
I wish you could see both their glasses and expressions at the same time – precious and hilarious.
We did a real serious face and they l.o.v.e.d it!
Our families loved it too.
Want to make one? I’ll teach you how!
I’ve updated the lettering and also made an individual version in case you want to take individual pics.
This is of my own little sweet pea wearing her daddy’s hat and sunglasses.
How to make this for your class
So how can you re-create this with your class?
Here’s what you do:
- Take a horizontal photo of your class (or individual photos) wearing sunglasses.
- Open a blank Google Slides presentation. You can change the page setup to be 8×10 or whatever photo sized you want.
- Go to Insert > Image (select the class photo from wherever it’s stored)
- Re-size the photo to fit the slide.
- Now go to Insert > Image (select the overlay from wherever you downloaded it to)
- Re-size or rotate the overlay as needed.
- Go to File > Download > JPEG image
For individual photos, duplicate your first slide. Then select the student photo and choose “Replace image” and select next student photo.
Let’s wrap it up
There you have it – a fun classroom photo idea to show off the bright future of your students at the end of the year with a free photo overlay to make your own.
You may also love this entire class photo idea that is super simple to pull off!
Or this photo prop that makes the cutest gifts to parents!
Are you looking for more End of the Year Alphabet Countdown ideas? I’ve got your back.
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.