Free fonts help me create my classroom resources. Here are 7 free teacher fonts that I've made, all collected in one place. There is a Zaner-Bloser style font, two handwriting fonts, and some funky, fun fonts.
I'm also including a paid math ten-frame font as number 8 in this list since I made it. I hope you can be inspired to create with these fonts to make your classroom worksheets, parent newsletters, and classroom signage just the way you want.
I love using different fonts to create subway-inspired Teacher T-Shirt designs, classroom posters, binder covers and I've already compiled my go-to fonts that you may have seen on my products and here on this site.
I don't shy away from experimenting with them, combining them and even creating my own. I read how to create your own font and these were the result. Let me know your thoughts!
1. Leslie's Hand Teacher Font - Modeled after my own handwriting that I use in the classroom, this simple and clean font is what I consider just-right for kindergarten.
It's a Zaner-Bloser style of forming letters. Includes all uppercase, lowercase, numerals and punctuation characters that way you can type exactly what you want without worrying about special characters.
2. Bumpy Saw Teacher Font - Free downloadable teacher font that is slanted, wide and contains a scalloped edge on each Zaner-Bloser style of letter. Perfect for a font to use on creating titles on classroom work.
3. Mobile Dots Teacher Font - Free teacher font download. Very narrow letters have dots following an edge on each tall Zaner-Bloser style of letter. Perfect for a font to use on classroom work for adding detail.
4. Mobile Skinny Teacher Font - Free downloadable teacher font that is very narrow, tall and is a skinny version of a Zaner-Bloser style of handwriting. Perfect for a font to use on creating work for your classroom.
5. New Fringe Teacher Font - Free teacher font download. Letters are classic with a funky fringe twist. Numbers have numbered pieces of fringe. Perfect for a font to use on creating titles on classroom work.
6. Outline Clear Teacher Font - Free teacher trace font download. Outlined letters are close to Zaner-Bloser style so students trace inside following the lines. The ideal font to create handwriting work and name writing practice worksheets.
7. Starting Dots Teacher Font - Showing the places to begin each letter stroke, this is my FAVORITE font that I've created. It gets so much use in of my classroom at the beginning of the year when we're hitting the ground running.
I like using it through the rest of the year for math and for assessment purposes.
7. Ten Frame Teacher Font - Since ten frames can be such a useful tool for helping students “see” numbers and eventually with place value and composing and decomposing numbers… you get the point, right?
Then I figured it might save a lot of time to have ten frames be a font so I can type a ten frame instead of drawing it each time.
Not sure what to do after you download? Here's How to Install a Font
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.